JNTUH LINUX PROGRAMMING (LP) MID-1 BITS
August 24, 2013
LINUX PROGRAMMING (LP) SEPTEMBER-2011 MULTIPLE CHOICE BITS
1. What command is used to count the total number of lines, words, and characters contained in a file? [ ]
a) countw b) wcount c) wc d) count p
2. What command is used to sort the lines of data in a file in alphabetical order? [ ]
a) sort – r b) st c) sh d) sort
3. Which command is used to clear the screen? [ ]
a) clear b) %clear c) %clrscr d) either a or c
4. In shell script $# tells [ ]
a) total number of parameters passed to the shell script
b) the first parameter passed to the shell script
c) last parameter to the shell script
5. If command checks [ ]
a) Exit status of a command b) value of a command
c) Checks condition true or false d) all
6. [ -n string ] checks for [ ]
a) True if length is zero b) true is length is greater than zero
c) True if the value is zero d) true if string is not null string
7. The first thing that is searched when a command references a file is its [ ]
a) i-node b) inode number c) permission setting d) none
8. Differences between system calls and library function [ ]
a) System calls are part of OS b) Library calls are adds-on
c) library functions invoke system calls d) all
9. What command is used to remove the directory? [ ]
a) rdir b) remove c) rd d) rmdir
10. Which character is used to match exactly one character? [ ]
a) | b) * c) ^ d) ?
LINUX PROGRAMMING (LP) SEPTEMBER-2011 OBJECTIVE TYPE BITS
11. __________command is used to remove files
12. __________ command is used to search files for specified words or patterns.
13. Total number of positional parameters that can be passed in shell script are ___________.
14. In the if statement value for success is_____________.
15. Giving output of one command to another command is called as _____________.
16. Process is _______________.
17. File descriptors for standard output is _____________.
18. The basic function of ______________ is to search files for lines (or other units of text) that contain a pattern.
19. ___________command changes the group id of a file.
20. $mount displays _________________.
NOTE:-ALL SET HAVE THE SAME BITS ONLY QUESTION NUMBERS CHANGES IN EACH SET OF QUESTION PAPERS
LINUX PROGRAMMING (LP) PREVIOUS YEAR BITS
RECOMENDED JNTU HYDERABAD MID EXAMINATION BITS